Even though all of our luxury vacation cabins in North Carolina have their own kitchens and bbq grills, you may want to venture out to savor the best food, beer and wine in the area. Check out our Boone, NC dining guide and other recommendations below!
Explore Our Boone, NC Dining Guide
Find Something Delicious to Suit Everyone’s Tastes
Whether you’re in the mood for fabulous food, the finest wine, or some bubbly brew, our area has something to offer for every foodie, wine connoisseur and beer lover.
Immerse yourself in exceptional dining experiences, buy a bottle of wine at a local winery,
or grab a pint or a growler at the best breweries.
The area surrounding Valle Crucis has a variety of excellent dining options in Banner Elk, Boone, and Blowing Rock. During the peak seasons of summer and fall we would recommend reservations in advance of your arrival to the cabins.
- Vidalia focuses on local North Carolina cuisine with a good selection of wine
- Mint specializes in Indian cuisine with superb critical acclaim and numerous vegetarian selections
- Gamekeeper is a unique farm to table restaurant with many wild game choices
- LP on Main specializes in seafood with a Cajun theme
- Reid’s Catering has high quality dining with ethnic choices from around the world
- Luna Thai & Sushi provides a sophisticated Thai cuisine in the mountains
- Stonewalls is a downtown Banner Elk restaurant specializing in beef
- Best Cellar specializes in fine wine and food options with a long history of excellence
- The Speckled Trout boasts the best local seafood in the area with great beer selections
- Restaurant at Gideon Ridge offers European style dining with mountain views
Fine Wines & Good Times
There are several wineries included in the Appalachian High Country American Viticulture Area (AVA) that are less than a 30 minute drive from the cabins. Check each venue for live entertainment schedules to enjoy while you are sampling the local vintages.
- Banner Elk Winery is the original winery of the High Country with year round tastings
- Linville Falls Winery is only 1 mile from the famous Linville Falls that produces award winning vintages
- Grandfather Vineyard and Winery offers a beautiful setting on the banks of the Watauga River at the base of Grandfather Mountain
There is an abundant choice of craft breweries to sample during your visit to the High Country. Excellent pub menus can also be found at several of these options: